Monday, April 22, 2013

After watching the videos this week on various ways action research can be conducted, it helped me understand the how critical it is in our profession, but also how beneficial it can be. Practically any concern or wondering with in an educational setting, can go through the action research process, as long as it will promote student success.
As I read, and gained a deeper understanding of action research, I kept thinking back to my experiences, and feel fortunate, that I have worked under leadership that has modeled this process on various levels. At one campus, we specifically came up with a goal for our students, and then worked toward achieving that goal, using and reflecting on data directly from our students. This data was then the driving force behind and future decisions during or collaboration and planning time as a team. Through this process we grew professionally as educators, but our students benefited due to the level of instruction in the classrooms.
I look forward to applying what I have learned through my own experiences, and combining those with the new learning from this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment